Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yoakam Sings Tribute To Owens On New Album

A longtime admirer of the style and songs of Buck Owens, Dwight Yoakam has crafted a tribute to the country bard on "Dwight Sings Buck," due Oct. 23 via New West. The set includes covers of all 11 of Owens' top five country hits, including "Act Naturally," "My Heart Skips a Beat" and "I Don't Care (Just As Long As You Love Me)."

A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Buck Owens American Music Foundation, which serves to safeguard the legacy of Owens and his signature electric Bakersfield sound that arose from California in the 1950s.

"After his death, it was the clearest way I could express my love for him and acknowledge the depth of our friendship" says Yoakam. Owens died in Bakersfield last March at age 76.

Yoakam released two albums in 2005, both through New West: "Blame the Vain," which peaked at No. 54 on The Billboard 200 and No. 8 on Top Country Albums, and "Live from Austin, TX."

Here is the track list for "Dwight Sings Buck":

"My Heart Skips a Beat"
"Foolin' Around"
"I Don't Care (Just As Long As You Love Me)"
"Only You"
"Act Naturally"
"Down on the Corner of Love"
"Cryin' Time"
"Above and Beyond"
"Love's Gonna Live Here"
"Close Up the Honky Tonks"
"Under Your Spell Again"
"Your Tender Loving Care"
"Excuse Me (I Think I've Got a Heartache)"
"Think of Me"
"Together Again"

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home