Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Who planning new album and festival shows

British rockers The Who have begun mulling their next studio album, on the heels of 2006's "Endless Wire," their first new disc in 24 years.

According to a post on TheWho.com (http://www.thewho.com) from Pete Townshend, the band is considering working with producer T-Bone Burnett, who recently brought Robert Plant and Alison Krauss together for the commercial and critical hit album "Raising Sand."

"I am hoping to come up with some songs for a more conventional Who record," Townshend wrote, adding that Burnett "is an old friend of mine."

The Who may also play "some shows in the festival season this summer," Townshend said. "I would want to do that purely for fun, and I don't want to turn it into a big tour. I need to stay focused on my writing."

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home